Website Luna Park Sydney
Wine Bar Venue Manager
Amphora Wine Bar is your premium destination in an iconic location with uninterrupted Sydney Harbour views. Situated within majestical Luna Park it exudes a relaxed ambience. It offers an impeccably selected international and local wine list to delight enthusiasts of all temperaments. The Mediterranean style menu has been carefully selected to compliment and tantalise patrons with fresh produce designed for sharing and grazing.
About the role:
As the manager of Amphora Wine Bar, you will be integral in driving the business to its optimal potential. We are looking for someone who is passionate and driven by success, who will assist in developing the long term strategy, ensuring we stay abreast of market changes. Developing and supporting a highly motivated, quality and service oriented team will be forefront on your mind.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure operation is fully compliant with all federal / state statutory regulations
- Assist in the development and implementation of menus, beverage lists and service style/procedures in consultation with Head Chef and General Manager Operations
- Ensure purchase and production of product range is to agreed standards and managed in such a way as to achieve agreed outcomes.
- Gain and maintain HACCP accreditation
- Ensure cash handling procedures are properly instigated and followed and accuracy achieved to an acceptable standard
- Ensure POS Magic (or similar) is properly maintained and reports are accurate
- Ensure stock control procedures are properly instigated and followed and accuracy achieved to an acceptable standard
- Ensure stock holdings are to agreed levels.
- Ensure Cost of Goods targets are achieved or bettered
- Ensure wage cost targets are achieved or bettered
- Ensure purchasing is done to LPS standards and policies including the payment terms agreed to.
- Ensure liquor license risks are identified and corrected
- Attend and participate in all operational meetings and report on financial results and operational procedures and outcomes
It is envisaged that you will have demonstrated experience as a Restaurant and/or Venue Manager with a strong knowledge of Bar operations and an appreciation of fine wine.
- Management qualifications or Diploma in Hospitality preferred. Sommelier qualifications an added bonus
- Current NSW RSA certificate
- Strong financial acumen
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor teams
- Current and comprehensive food and beverage (particularly wine) knowledge
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to respond to new initiatives, changing conditions and shifting priorities
- Ability to lead, develop and motivate others to achieve results
- Demonstrated organisational skills
- Good decision making skills
- Commitment towards great customer service
- Effective communication skills
If you have the vision, creativeness and tenacity to drive Amphora Wine Bar to success, we would love to hear from you.
Apply now to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.