With the recent addition of 9 new rides, events and a new wine bar, there is plenty of entertainment for everyone at Luna Park Sydney. We cater for functions with a difference in spectacular venues that have proudly accomplished multiple awards. The highly acclaimed Big Top headlines both local and international artists, sporting events and exhibitions. With some many avenues of entertainment taking place in the one location, and where guest experience is our top priority, safety is at the forefront of everything we do.
About the role:
Your key to success will be to maintain the Companies exemplary safety record, through risk management practices and compliance within our venues. A strong focus on safety and risk mitigation will be required so the venue hirers and contractors satisfy Luna Park’s compliance requirements, WHS legislation, Australian Standards and industry codes of practice, while concurrently delivering a superior service experience to all.
- Liaison with the venue hirers and/or their representatives and obtain/assess evidence of relevant compliance documentation.
- Liaison with internal parties (Event Managers, Functions Team, Chef, WHS Manager, and Operations) regarding client event specifications.
- Ensure risk assessments, SWMS and audits of venues are completed.
- Perform site induction and conduct compliance checks on Contractors and Suppliers.
- Investigate incidents when required.
- Contribute to development and application of company WHS practices and procedures.
- Promote a positive safety culture within the business.
- Treat injuries/illness, applying first aid requirements when acting as a First Aid Attendant.
- Develop and implement practical and effective solutions to improve safety outcomes.
- Coordinate the online Contractor Management Program (Who’s on Location) to manage contractor compliance registration and inductions.
- Facilitate training and development of safe work practices on site.
- Prior experience applying/auditing WHS systems and processes in the workplace.
- Understanding of current WHS legislation, risk assessment, risk mitigation practices and hazard identification.
- Strong administrative skills, attention to detail and disciplined record keeping practices.
- Confidence in dealing with client/employee interactions and enforcing Luna Park WHS requirements.
- Articulate communicator with a genuine desire to deliver superior guest experiences.
- Certification in WHS is desirable.
- Certificate IV in training and assessment preferred.
- Occupational or senior first aid certificate.
- Operational hospitality experience is an advantage.
- Working with Children clearance (first aid officer requirement).
- COVID vaccination (or medical exemption), Hep A and Hep B immunization is required.
You will require the ability to build relationships and strive for excellence in an interesting mix of safety and compliance duties. In addition, good influencing skills will be instrumental to champion the safety and compliance strategies within the company, ensuring this strong culture of safety is not only maintained, but continually enhanced, across the organisation.
If you are looking to build a solid career in the WHS space, in an exciting and fun environment, this could be a great opportunity for you.
We are delighted to be able to share this opportunity with the right individual. All interested parties are invited to submit their application including a cover letter and CV via the apply now button, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.