Website Luna Park Sydney
Amphora Wine Bar is a premium destination within one of Australia’s most iconic locations. Situated majestically at the entrance to Luna Park, it exudes a relaxed ambience while guests can savour the incredible harbour front location. Offering an impeccably selected international and local wine list, Amphora will delight enthusiasts of all temperaments. The Mediterranean style menu will compliment and tantalise patrons with fresh, sustainably sourced (where possible) produce, designed for sharing and grazing while enhancing the guest experience.
About your new role:
As Head Chef, your primary focus will be to launch the venue and maintain high standards and consistency in the kitchen and in the food prepared. Your ability to be hands on, and work calmly and professionally in a fast-paced kitchen environment and foster strong stakeholder relationships with a high performing team is essential. We are looking for someone who is passionate and driven to create a unified, well trained team and produce standout food that not only complements the carefully curated wine list, but becomes the star attraction of the visit.
What you’ll get to do:
- Be a hands on leader and build a fun, quality focused small team
- Establish the pre-opening operation and launch this iconic wine bar destination
- Steer the continual development of menus and creative offerings within the venue
- Collaborate with the management team to ensure the venue remains at the forefront of Industry innovation
- You will have accountability for financial results, operational procedures and ensuring full compliance with all statutory regulations and accreditations
- Ensure purchasing and production is to agreed standards and managed in an effective way to achieve agreed outcomes
- Nourish supplier relationships, develop Kitchen talent and role model inspirational leadership
- Ensure cost of goods, wage and purchasing targets are achieved or bettered
What you’ll need to be a part of our amazing Amphora team:
As an experienced Chef who leads in a calm, rational and professional manner, you must be excited about the opportunity to take on a new concept in an exciting entertainment precinct. Your passion for good food and incredible service standards is what will see you quickly establish an enviable reputation for excellence and innovation. For us it is all about having fun whilst maintaining a safe, inclusive, supportive and service orientated environment.
Your ingredients to success will also include:
- Experience managing a small team in a reputable establishment
- Culinary qualifications including a Cert III in Commercial Cookery
- Superior communication skills with your team, FOH, wider Luna Park members and guests
- Excellent culinary skills coupled with the ability and willingness to innovate
- Strong financial and reporting acumen
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor teams
- A genuine ardour for food and presentation
- Social media presence and creative marketing ideas
- Knowledge and commitment to upholding WH&S and HACCP standards.
Benefits of working as part of the Luna Park Sydney Team:
· Training and development opportunities
· Working in a stunning harborside location
· Discounts on food and beverage across the park
· Discounted merchandise and retail
· Performance based bonus
· Free rides pass
· Close to train, bus and ferry
· Discounted onsite parking
· Social events and team awards
· Membership to retail benefits program
If you are searching for a unique opportunity in a standout location, with the backing of an established and successful business to launch your menu to market, then we are looking forward to hearing from you.
Rights to work in Australia
Please note it is a prerequisite of this role to have unrestricted working rights within Australia.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.