Website Luna Park Sydney
Chef de Partie
Work with one of Australia’s most adored icons, joining us at a truly exciting time! Upping the excitement for everyone, Luna Park Sydney is undergoing one of the biggest upgrades of any Park in the world, set to open in the next few weeks, with 9 new rides.
Luna Park’s attractive assortment of food outlets provides a variety of dining experiences to delight our guests. With something for everyone, guests can choose from the dine in, americana inspired Hungry Horse diner, Helter Skelter gourmet burger and rotisserie chicken outlet, grab and go items, pop up vendors and popular fun park favourites.
Service is always with a smile and sense of theatre, adding to the excitement and pleasure our guests experience when visiting the Park.
Your new role
The Retail Chef de Partie will be responsible for an outlet’s daily food preparation and production, operating within prescribed COGS and minimizing wastage. You will need to be a strong communicator with a calm, attentive manner, be quality focused and apply a consistent approach to food presentation, meeting the required standards and service times.
You will be passionate about the retail food experience, and be committed to delivering high quality, cost effective food, presentation and hygiene/HACCP standards. You will require:
- Chef experience in a high-volume environment
- Culinary trade qualifications to a minimum of Cert III
- Strong planning, organization and execution skills
- Commitment to produce high quality food, presentation and strict hygiene standards
- Capability to contribute to ordering and product development/new menu items
- Understanding of COGS and how to minimize wastage
- Experience cooking: seafood, pizzas and/or rotisserie chicken, americana style food
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A reliable and hardworking work ethic, willing to assist other kitchens whenever required
- Able to work calmly and sensibly when under pressure
- HACCP, Food Safety and WH&S awareness and practice
- Flexibility to work changing shifts across a 7-day roster in Peak periods
- Ability to commit to routine weekend (& weekday) work, including weekend evening shifts to coincide with the Amusement Park and event hours of operation.
Please submit an updated CV with a cover letter addressing the above criteria and email to email@example.com
Please note that these are full time opportunities which requires that applicants have unlimited Australian work permissions.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.