Website Luna Park Sydney
VENUES, ENTERTAINMENT & TICKETED EVENTS
The Big Top Sydney located within iconic Luna Park, has played host to world-wide talent including; The Prodigy, Calvin Harris, Bruno Mars, Kylie Minogue, The Pixies, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Queens of the Stone Age, The Black Keys, Slayer, DMX, Ice Cube, Hilltop Hoods, The Doobie Brothers, Chicago, America and so many more.
We also host a variety of ticketed events available to the public including; cultural shows, combat sports, ballroom dancing, ballet, world music concerts, roller derby competitions, children’s events as well as annual festivals, exhibitions and conferences, movie premieres, Tv& film shoot and activations.
Your new role:
This is an opportunity that requires you to take the lead in sales and business development by actively sourcing acts and events for The Big Top venue, a versatile, multipurpose entertainment centre holding 2950 pax. We also produce our own events inhouse, which include Harbour Party, one of the hottest New Year’s Eve tickets in Sydney.
The Booking Manager will source acts and artists and do deals with third party hirers and external promoters as well as collaborating on marketing, promotion, ticketing and delivery of a wide range of entertainment events. Your professional and well-honed interactions will ensure The Big Top remains the preferred concert and event destination in Sydney, maintaining our respected reputation amongst promoters, tour managers and production managers.
You will work alongside, support and develop an Entertainment Booking Coordinator in this role.
You will get to:
- Book incredible talent and show stopping events which can also include film and television shoots
- Negotiate and review contracts of sale with Artist management and promoters
- Coordinate stakeholders such as venue hirers and artists in regards to technical, logistical, safety, compliance, security and sequence of ticketed events
- Work with others to deliver entertainment management, production, technical requirements, create event sheets and floorplans and risk management
- Meet agreed financials and budgets, and revenue reporting
- Partner with Luna Park’s Ticketing team as well as third party ticket agencies to get the gigs on sale, maximising revenue
- Work with Luna Park’s Venue Operation team to coordinate event production
- Manage the Big Top Sydney website and social media platforms
- Manage the marketing and promotion of ticketed events and activations, including production and distribution of marketing collateral, digital assets, TVCs etc.
A confident leader who is tuned in to pulse of the entertainment industry and enjoys the thrill of the sale as much as the delivery of incredible events for some of the world’s leading artists.
- Must be passionate and knowledgeable about all types of entertainment and shows, with the ability to initiate and close, profitable business opportunities
- Highly personable with the ability to build strong repoire and lasting relationships with talent and clients
- Ability to scout new artists, acts, shows and shoots
- Ability to think creatively in order to secure the best deals suited to Luna Park’s business
- Current knowledge of local and international musical artists, and other genres of entertainment
- Well-developed sales and lead generation skills
- Artist booking, venue sales and event promotion experience
- Knowledge of event planning, equipment and practices typical to the entertainment industry
- Technical experience with ticketing software and web development preferred
- Event technical production experience – sound, lighting beneficial
- Financial skills to ensure revenue is optimised, targets are met and budgets and forecasts are managed efficiently
- Strong negotiation and administration skills
- Savvy in web development, social media and marketing
- Flexibility to work shifts that often includes weekends and evenings and to be onsite during large, high profile, or higher risk events
- Good mentoring skills, keen to share your expertise and grow your team members skills
- Event Management qualifications will be highly regarded
Benefits of being part of the amazing Luna Park Team:
- Education, training and development opportunities
- Stunning harborside location
- Discounted on food and beverage
- Discounted merchandise and gifts
- Performance based bonus
- Free rides pass
- Close to train, bus and ferry
- Discounted onsite parking
- Social events and staff awards
- Membership to retail benefits program
- Access to Company sponsored insurance offered through Super
To get this gig please apply with an up to date CV and covering letter detailing how you match the selection criteria, and salary expectations.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.