Website Luna Park Sydney
LUNA PARK VENUES
Event Manager | Weddings
Award winning Luna Park Venues is Sydney’s most sought-after meeting, exhibition, wedding and conference centres offering 13 unique, multipurpose, waterfront venues and unrivalled vistas of the cityscape, capturing the iconic Harbour Bridge and Opera House. The versatile venue spaces situated within the famous Luna Park precinct can accommodate events and functions of varying sizes and scopes; from small, intimate cocktail gatherings of 30 people through to sit-down banquets of 1,300 guests, as well as large-scale exhibition and conferencing services for up to 10,000.
Your new role:
We have the perfect opportunity for an experienced Wedding Event Manager to facilitate the seamless coordination of an average of 90 weddings per annum. You will provide high level client contact from sale confirmation through to the actual event, ensuring utmost customer satisfaction and memorable guest experiences. In peak periods, you will also be required to assist with other events throughout the park. This role is full time and requires you to be available Tuesday through to Saturday. Some flexibility for additional days is required.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of event contracts and all related documentation
- Conduct site inspections and menu tasting
- Maintain event booking software (USI)
- Effective liaison with all operational departments regarding the event
- Attend the weekly functions operations meeting
- Be in attendance for the commencement of each function
- Provide operational support to the sales team
This role will suit an individual with a good sense of humour and who has the capacity, flexibility and willingness to be part of a committed team. You will be able to work autonomously and possess a sound understanding of event/wedding operations within a busy venue. Strong attention to detail is essential, as is a determination to seize opportunities to surpass guest expectations and enhance guest experience from the very first moment of contact.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role
- Food and Beverage knowledge is a distinct advantage
- Relevant qualifications in Event Management
- Commercially astute, client focused with a professional approach
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- An energetic self-starter with confidence and well developed communication skills
- The ability to up sell additional park products and services to clients.
- Advanced Microsoft Office essential; USI & Visio an advantage
Please note this role is not open to Working Holiday Visa or Student visa applicants.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.